The safety of patients, colleagues and the public is always our highest priority
The situation with COVID-19 (known as Coronavirus) continues to develop and we will ensure this page is regularly updated with the latest guidance and information from official sources.
If you think you might have COVID-19, please follow the guidance of Public Health England – stay indoors and visit http://111.nhs.uk
European Scanning Centre does not have the facilities to test outpatients for COVID-19.
Last updated 30th April 2020
Our Diagnostic Centres Remain Open
The coronavirus pandemic has presented all of us with unprecedented personal and professional challenges.
We want to reassure you that The European Scanning Centres remains open to support patients requiring Diagnostic Imaging during the COVID 19 pandemic. Our medical imaging services include Open Upright MRI, Advanced MRI, Cardiac CT, PET /CT, EOS and Ultrasound.
ESC Centres are still staffed and equipped with appropriate PPE to support you.
Your health and safety is important to us
To minimise the risk of coronavirus we are taking extra precautions and have implemented increased health and safety measures across all of our centres to protect patients and colleagues against the virus.
- A pre- screening questionnaire is completed prior to each patient appointment
- Our team are equipped with PPE and face masks
- All patients are offered alcohol hand sanitiser and gloves on arrival
- To minimise contact with patients we have increased space between bookings
- We have allocated extra time between scans to allow for additional infection control cleaning set out by Public Health England
- We have also reduced the seating in our waiting room to allow for adequate social distancing
DO NOT come to European Scanning Centre if you think you have COVID-19
Most people who contract COVID-19 will have mild to moderate cold and flu like symptoms. The people who are most at risk of severe symptoms are those with weakened immune systems. Please do not put other people in danger.